The 5 Most Surprising Mistakes People Make Buying a New Mattress
By: Brian Croft
Januart 11, 2023 - 2:32pm
You are reading this either because you purchased a mattress you hate or you want to avoid making a(nother) costly mistake.
Let's face it, buying a mattress is a blind proposition. There are hundreds of websites claiming that their mattress is the most amazing mattress on the planet and every brick and mortar store has a plethora of these upholstered rectangles to choose from. You look to online guides to sort through the nonsense, but each guide conflicts with the next. No one should blame you for becoming paralyzed in fear about spending more money on yet another failed promise of good sleep.
I've personally interacted with well over 15,000 customers in the past 20 years and have seen the same nightmare played out over and over again...someone investing their hard earned money in hopes of better sleep - only to be stuck with a mattress they can't even sleep on.
The thing that should really make you angry is that buying a wrong mattress is 100% avoidable.
Here are the 5 most surprising reasons why you might be stuck with a mattress you hate:
1. The primary reason you bought your new mattress was because it was on sale. Of course you want to get a great deal on a new mattress, and I am 100% for someone not paying a penny more than they should. BUT - price only matters once you know the mattress is going to be the right one in the first place.
2. You trusted one of the several online buying guides. Did you know that none of the online mattress buying guides are nonprofit organizations? Why would their advertisers keep giving them money month after month unless the guide pushed their products? They are ridiculously biased folks.
3. They had thousands of 5-star reviews. This might come as a shock to you, but companies buy reviews. Yup, reviews about their company and products from people whom they have never done business with. Here's the first few sites from a Google search for "buy reviews". There are 5.4 million search results for this.
4. You bought based on brand name. I'm not saying to avoid the big brands, but if you bought your last mattress solely because it was a big brand - you might be sleeping awful because of the fact. Most big brands have a niche. Their niche might not be exactly what suits your needs most.
5. You bought the mattress that felt the best in a store. You likely said this while doing it, "how can I tell if a mattress I try for a couple minutes in a store will be the right one?" Well, you can't. The mattress is undressed and you are fully dressed - exactly the opposite of the likely situation once you get it home. Should you bring sheets and dress in pajamas the next time you shop? I wouldn't think you were crazy if you did. There is a much more accurate way to do it though.
Click the button below, plug in your name and email, and I will send you information on how to buy the right mattress.